Since I'm always so busy with school stuff, I thought I'd use this space to tell you guys what classes I'm enrolled in and how they're going, etc.
Current Courses I'm taking
Writing for Change: Advocacy Writing
Theories and Methods of Religion
African American Religious Thought
New/Other Things I'm Doing
- I'm still working as a fiction judge, which can be added to my resume under work experience!
- several of my pieces (short stories, poems, and a nonfiction work) have been accepted, and right now we're working on the print edition so I can't wait to see my words in it!
- I've been working behind the scenes in the sound booth for at least a couple years now - I put the words to songs and scriptures up on the projection screens and also run videos/movies when we show them
- my mom and I started working in the nursery together - it's on a volunteer rotation each Sunday - a couple months ago (our second time doing a lesson will be this Sunday)
- as of two weeks ago, I am now in charge of planning BGMC ("Boys and Girls Missionary Challenge") lessons to teach the kids in children's church
- I just started and I already really enjoy it because I can find really neat fun facts about countries all around the world that the kids may not have heard of and I can help immerse them in a different culture (teaching them about diversity is so important!)
- I try to be done with homework by 7 or before 8 every night so I have time to relax and watch Hulu/Netflix before I go to bed after 11 - haha I'm nuts but it's a good schedule for me
- Recent Hulu Obsessions: America's Next Top Model, Bones, The X-Files, Law and Order: SVU, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Recent Netflix Obsessions: Dexter (FAVE!!!), That 70's Show (also a big fave!), The End of the F***ing World, Riverdale (lol), Gilmore Girls (kinda), Atypical
- I've also made a habit of watching Rhett and Link's "Good Mythical Morning" on YouTube every day - usually during my lunch break
Aspirations for the Year
- Apply for graduation? I think I'm supposed to do that a year in advance, so hopefully I'm graduating in May 2019, lol.
- Write more (probably during the summer). I'm bad at making myself do it outside of class.
- Try to get my senior schedule figured out...the classes I need to be able to graduate either are not offered on certain semesters or they're all offered in the same time slot. I have much anxiety about it.
- Hang out with my friends more. We gotta get together for more holidays and bdays and regular days, golly gee!
- Be involved in more social activism.
- Get a job this summer maybe? HAH
- Look into publishing my writing across the country.
- Thrift! I haven't been in a while.
- Go to more concerts!!! I'm dying to see the Arctic Monkeys and the Killers, so I hope they come to Arkansas soon. And the Avett Brothers because they didn't come here last year and I need to see them a third time ASAP.